WhatsApp user base across the world is significantly tremendous and the most significant request by the users was the ability to transfer WhatsApp data from Android to iPhone. Finally, the update to let users move their data is out of beta. WhatsApp has released the official update announcing it by a tweet:
Now, let’s talk about how to transfer WhatsApp data from Android to iPhone. There are some requirements that are to be followed necessarily in order to transfer your data from your Android device to your iOS device.
- Android 5 or above installed on your old Android phone.
- iOS 15.5 or above installed on your new iPhone.
- “Move to iOS” app installed on your old Android smartphone.
- WhatsApp iOS version 126.96.36.199 or above on your new iOS device.
- WhatsApp version 188.8.131.52 or above on your old Android device.
- Use the same phone number as your old phone on your new iPhone.
- Your iPhone should be new or set to factory reset, to pair with the “Move to iOS” app and move data from your Android phone.
- Both of your devices must be connected to charging.
- Both of your devices need to be connected to the same Wi-Fi network OR you will need to connect your Android phone to your iPhone’s hotspot.
Migrate from Android to iPhone
Once you have met all the requirements, follow the steps below:
- Start setting up your iPhone, and when you arrive at the section related to “Apps and Data“, select Move Data from Android and a code will appear.
- Open the “Move to iOS” app on your Android and follow the instructions prompted on the screen.
- Tap on Continue, and tick the checkbox to agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Enter the code on your Android phone displayed by your iPhone and then wait for your Android mobile to connect to your iPhone.
- Once connected, Select WhatsApp on the Transfer Data screen.
- Tap START on your Android device, after the process is completed, tap Next.
- Select any other data you want to move to your iPhone.
- Tap on Continue and wait for the data to be transferred.
- Once your iPhone is set up, Install the latest version of WhatsApp.
- Open WhatsApp and log in using your same old phone number and verify it.
- After verification, you will see a screen “Moving Chats from Android”, Tap on Start.
- Finish activating your new iPhone and you will see your old chats waiting for you there.
What happens to my data?
- Moved data doesn’t go to cloud storage because of the migration until you make an iCloud backup.
- WhatsApp can’t see the information you move.
- Your Android phone will in any case have your information except if you delete WhatsApp or reset your phone.
What messages can I transfer?
You can transfer:
• Personal messages
You can’t transfer:
• Peer-to-peer payment messages
Can I transfer my call history?
Your WhatsApp call history cannot be moved from your Android device to iOS.
Was this post helpful? Let us know in the comment section!